0

Moab Day ~ 1

Posted by Emma on 7:57 PM in
May. 2. 2009

I was woken up not by my alarm but a soft pillow hit. Of course it was my friend. I woke up to a lazy morning. All our friends were just chatting and lounging on the couch. A faint drizzle cooled the air outside. My friends and my family went on a trip to Moab in Utah. A four hour drive and we were there. A cute cottage was our home!
Order up! And my mom brought me a hot and yummy omlette. And after we left to see the works of art by Mother Nature.
Arches National Park was our first destination. A wet gravel road winding into the light brown mountains. It kead us to the Pope and Nun. I mean a huge block of rock that has been weatherd into the shapes of these religios characters. Next the secret of a tight rope walker's art....balancing! The sharp bottom of the huge block of rock balancing on another piece of rock.
A pleasant sight! A look out of this window shows nature's beauty. The North Window again is a gigantic rock in which a huge circular openeing has been formed.
I learnt that all these mysterious monuments started to form when the place was once swallowed by the jaws of the sea. And after time when the predator evaporated the place was blanketed by salt. And over time salt, water, ice and extreme temperatures weathered the rock into these amazing sculptures.
The finishing touch to this art piece is the Delicate Arch. Like it's name this is an ancient archwat built only by rocks balancing themselves one on top of the other. An amazing sight!
Upnext hot skewers and misted fish. Now when i say misted fish, I mean fish that's been delicately marinated with simple yet exotic spices. A lovely dinner to end with a fun game of Dumsharats!

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Travel Bug All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.